Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I love this image. It's a picture I took on Cumberland Island, just off the coast of Georgia. I love the magical feel of this place. The Spanish moss and the saw palmettos, plus those really old oaks that you just know have seen and heard it all...just love it. And it's near First African Baptist Church, where JFK Jr. got married...such a special little building. I love it there. Cumberland Island is awesome...wild horses...the beach...Plum Orchard, that awesome mansion...if you want to see how the rich folks lived way back when...take the tour of the mansion. But this is without a doubt my favorite place on Cumberland. The road is quiet and peaceful. If you listen closely, the oaks will tell you of hot, humid nights under the stars, hoop skirts and mint juleps. I love that there are still places like this in the South.

2 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I love that place too - I live in Atlanta - are you from GA? sandie

Red On The Head said...

Yep...I'm from Lincolnton...between Athens and Augusta...