I had to post this picture. It just screams summer to me. I long to go back to those carefree days when I could just run around barefoot, playing out in the yard until dark, and then catch lightning bugs until Mama called us inside. Sigh. Those were the days.These days, I'm more worried about paying the bills, work, my waistline, high blood pressure, job responsibilities, paying the bills, car maintenance, and oh yeah, paying the bills. Seems like that's all I do. Go to work. Pay bills.
There's got to be more to life than this. There actually is. I know there is. It just doesn't feel that way right now.
So in my head, I'm like my niece, Amanda, playing barefoot on the beach at sunset. You can have my body, worldly responsibilities. But you can never have my imagination.

1 comment:
We are kindred spirits here. I know EXACTLY what you mean.
Post a Comment