Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today I began a new quest. I've started a new journal. This one is a little different. I read about a book called, "Wreck Your Journal," a paperback that's set up as a daily journal in which you're supposed to do all sorts of crazy stuff like doodle, write random comments, and smudge samples of whatever you're eating on the page. I liked the concept, and thought for a moment about doing that myself.

Then I decided to make my own. So I bought a journal, and for the next year, I will carry it with me, every day, wherever I go. I will write down whatever I feel like...whatever I think...whatever I'm doing...whatever pops into my head. I may even have guest journalers. It'll be the ultimate in random rambling, and it will be the next year of my life.

It's a much better way for me to journal. I like to write down things the old fashioned way, pen to paper, in addition to my random musings here. It's much more...intimate. So those journals, well, I keep them to myself. After I'm dead and gone, feel free to peruse. But not before.

I've been journaling since I was a little kid, and I've been very off and on about it. I'll start one and then I get busy, or forget about it, or just don't feel like writing. But I think this new adventure will be a success. I am, after all, the Queen of Random. Random bursts of me, on paper...yes. The world will be able to handle it. Hopefully little bursts of my day to day life will bring a laugh, maybe a tear...but it certainly will bring me. Isn't that what life's about anyway...bringing random bits of yourself into the lives of others?

I looked out my window today and thought how appropriate to begin this journal today. As I look outside my office window, I see green bursting out everywhere...the start of a new season. A fresh new page, ready to be filled with the random thoughts of Mother Nature.

I also wore my new ring today. I found a Sarah Coventry vintage crystal ball ring. It made me happy and reminded me of the rings I used to spend my allowance on at the dime store when I was a kid in my hometown. I would run in there and buy a smaller version of this ring, and then I'd wear it...until the ball would fall off. They were, after all, cheap rings.

But I loved them, and they made me happy. I thought they were so pretty. So I'm wearing a reminder of my childhood today.

Maybe my random journal ramblings will do the same for others one day. Maybe someone will pick up my journal and read that I wore this ring today, and they'll remember their own special childhood memories.

Or maybe they'll just see the cheese I smeared on the page from my lunch.

Whichever way it goes, I bet they laugh.

No comments: