
There are few things in this world to compare with the love of a mother. Or with having a good mama. I know this firsthand.
My mama has been there for me my whole life. I've said it a million times...I would not be who I am today without her. She's been my biggest fan, my sharpest critic, my loudest cheerleader, my strongest supporter...and my hero.
There have been times in my life that I have felt that there was just no one in the world who was there for me...except for my mama. Even during those times when I felt completely alone, I still knew that I had at least one person in my corner.
So this year, on Thanksgiving, I'll have a lot to be thankful for. I have a wonderful family, which I'm learning to be thankful for more and more every day. I have wonderful friends that I can count on. I have a fantabulous best friend in one Miz Autumn Jones. She's such an inspiration. I have a great job that gives me joy and satisfaction, at a time when many people can't say the same. I have a home, a reliable car, a soft fuzzy kitty cat, more shoes than I'd care to admit, and I have, most importantly, my mama.
I hope I have her for many more years to come. Love you Maw!
By the way: That's Mama making her famous dressing on Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. And yes...her tongue was sticking out at me!

No comments:
Post a Comment